Friendly reminder that Aspen Education Group, a Mormon re-education program for queer kids and children who suffer from mental illness and substance abuse problems, is a subsidiary of Bain Capitol.
Some of you may recognize the name Bain Capitol, but not know where you heard of it.
It is the company that Mitt Romney founded.
So a good portion of Romney’s wealth goes to work camps that have caused kids to attempt suicide just to get away.
Now tell me again about how “social issues” should take a backseat.
http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/20/new-abuse-allegations-arise-at-drug-treatment-programs-owned-by-bain-capital/ (NOTE: This is fucking TIME, which is about as legitimate as it gets)
http://www.aspeneducation.com/ (The official Aspen site)
http://grintoforever.tumblr.com/post/30853909100/pleeease-repost-this-if-you-can-signal-boost (firsthand survivor account)
- dragocorm likes this
- excoriations reblogged this from lyraeon and added:
- glitterbabygurl reblogged this from dcsunset44
- gusher reblogged this from lyraeon
- natakamerry likes this
- lyraeon reblogged this from blackjackgabbiani
- blackjackgabbiani reblogged this from gryblogs and added:
- lackinginreality likes this
- lady-haylo reblogged this from scootaloo-pootaloo
- jcad6169 reblogged this from dcsunset44
- jcad6169 likes this
- scootaloo-pootaloo reblogged this from farawaymooncall
- dcsunset44 reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- anna-aurion likes this
- gryblogs reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- solitarysolitudee reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- farawaymooncall reblogged this from modestinferno
- occupylouisville reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- modestinferno reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- curthulhu likes this
- jehanjolras likes this
- captainjonathantuttle reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- angryboygirl reblogged this from mattreadsthings
- mattreadsthings posted this